TAG Heat Resistant Purging System
Sizes: 3 to 80” (63 to 2044mm)
Systems for the fast Purging of High Temperature Pipework
The TAG Pipe Purge Bag and Rapid Purge Systems are both available as heat resistant versions.
Designed for use when high temperatures will be encountered during the process of pipe welding; such as pre-heated pipework, and pipes where very high temperatures are required for welding.
These versions of our inflatable Pipe purging systems are heat resistant up to 350ºC (572ºF) for up to 24 hours, or up to 500ºC for short periods of
time, as with the standard systems, the heat resistant systems are available for all pipe diameters from 3 to 80" (75 to 2035mm).
Mirroring the features of the standard range of inflatable purging systems, the heat resistant range comes with a central band for rapid centering of the system to the weld root for the fastest set up times.
The welder can position these systems prior to pre-heating and leave them in place throughout the pre-heating, welding and post-heat treatment cycles, allowing the weld to be purged continuously for up to 24 hours if necessary.
TAG Heat Resistant Purging System
Features and Advantages
- Heat resistant up to 350ºC (572ºF) for up to 24 hours, or up to 500ºC for short periods
- Available for all pipe diameters from 3 to 80" (63 to 2044mm)
- Designed to be flexible, for ease of insertion, use and withdrawal from pipes, bends, elbows etc. Suitable for 24 hour cycles including pre-heat, welding and post-weld heat treatment
- A central strip allows fast and accurate alignment of the system to the centre-point of the weld area
- Manufactured to Nuclear Quality Standards with nuclear approved materials, these systems guarantee bright, shiny, coke and oxide-free welds
- Designed and manufactured specifically for the power
- industry where high strength chrome alloy steels are more frequently used
- Ready to use, connects to a dedicated and regulated
- gas supply. Choose any flow rate (Purge Bags - up to 20l/min/Rapid Purge up to 80l/min) through the twin pre-set purge valve
How it works
Both the Heat Resistant TAG Pipe Purge System and the Heat Resistant Rapid Purge™ System work identically to the standard systems, but are made using a purposely designed Nomex and Kevlar mix material to withstand the temperatures typically encountered when welding exotic materials.
Heat Resistant Purging System Options
|PART NO.||DESCRIPTION||PRODUCT SIZES (MM / INCH)||EXPANSION RANGE (MM)||WEIGHT (KG)|
|PB03/HR||Purge Bag Heat Resistant||75mm / 3"||63—75mm||1.1kg|
|PB04/HR||Purge Bag Heat Resistant||100mm / 4"||92—100mm||1.2kg|
|PB05/HR||Purge Bag Heat Resistant||125mm / 5"||113—125mm||1.25kg|
|PB06/HR||Purge Bag Heat Resistant||150mm / 6"||138—150mm||1.3kg|
|PB07/HR||Purge Bag Heat Resistant||175mm / 7"||163—175mm||1.4kg|
|RP08/HR||Rapid Purge™ Heat Resistant||200mm / 8"||190—215mm||1.4kg|
|RP10/HR||Rapid Purge™ Heat Resistant||250mm / 10"||242—267mm||1.7kg|
|RP12/HR||Rapid Purge™ Heat Resistant||300mm / 12"||291—316mm||2.1kg|
|RP14/HR||Rapid Purge™ Heat Resistant||350mm / 14"||318—343mm||2.5kg|
|RP16/HR||Rapid Purge™ Heat Resistant||400mm / 16"||369—394mm||2.7kg|
|RP18/HR||Rapid Purge™ Heat Resistant||450mm / 18"||420—445mm||3.0kg|
|RP20/HR||Rapid Purge™ Heat Resistant||500mm / 20"||471—496mm||3.4kg|
|RP22/HR||Rapid Purge™ Heat Resistant||550mm / 22"||553—577mm||3.6kg|
|RP24/HR||Rapid Purge™ Heat Resistant||600mm / 24"||572—597mm||3.8kg|
|RP26/HR||Rapid Purge™ Heat Resistant||650mm / 26"||620—645mm||4.5kg|
|RP28/HR||Rapid Purge™ Heat Resistant||700mm / 28"||671—696mm||5.5kg|
|RP30/HR||Rapid Purge™ Heat Resistant||750mm / 30"||722—747mm||6.0kg|
|RP32/HR||Rapid Purge™ Heat Resistant||800mm / 32"||772—797mm||8.0kg|
|RP36/HR||Rapid Purge™ Heat Resistant||900mm / 36"||874—899mm||9.1kg|
|RP40/HR||Rapid Purge™ Heat Resistant||1000mm / 40"||990—1015mm||9.9kg|
|RP42/HR||Rapid Purge™ Heat Resistant||1050mm / 42"||1023—1048mm||13.2kg|
|RP44/HR||Rapid Purge™ Heat Resistant||1100mm / 44"||1125—1150mm||13.7kg|
|RP48/HR||Rapid Purge™ Heat Resistant||1200mm / 48"||1175—1200mm||15.0kg|
|RP54/HR||Rapid Purge™ Heat Resistant||1371mm / 54"||1359—1384mm||18.0kg|
|RP60/HR||Rapid Purge™ Heat Resistant||1524mm / 60"||1512—1537mm||20.0kg|
|RP72/HR||Rapid Purge™ Heat Resistant||1828mm / 72"||1816—1841mm||28.0kg|
|RP80/HR||Rapid Purge™ Heat Resistant||2031mm / 80"||2019—2044mm||30.0kg|
Pipe Purging Equipment
- Why Purge
- Purge Bag System
- Rapid Purge System
- Heat Resistant Purging System
- Double Seal System
- Gas Cylinders
- E-Z Zone Tape
- E-Z Purge
- Water Soluble Paper
- Handy Purge 100 Self Calibrating Weld Purge Monitor
- Handy Purge 100 Plus Weld Purge Monitor
- Handy Purge Pro 5 Weld Purge Monitor
- Pro Purge 1 Weld Purge Monitor
- Fiback Tape
- EZ Wipes
- Trailing Shields
SEND US YOUR PICTURES AND RECEIVE A £50 DISCOUNT OFF
e-mail us some pictures of our equipment in use, and if we use them on the website, or in any of our literature we'll give you a £50 credit against your next order!!!
THE NEW 'E-Z' FIT RED PIPE CLAMP!
The latest addition to TAG Pipe’s range - rapid fit up, pipe-welding alignment clamps, is the latest version of the ‘E-Z’ Fit Red. Boasting a range of 1" to 12" in just 3 clamps! The new ‘E-Z’ Fit Red can be used on stainless steel without any additional accessories, preventing contamination of the pipe during fit up.