TAG Rapid Purge™ System
Sizes: 8 to 80” (190 to 2044mm)
Purge larger diameter pipes faster than ever!
Used for stainless, duplex, chrome steels, titanium, nickel and other alloy materials, the TAG Pipe Purge Bag System™ systems enable high speed welding of larger diameter pipe joints that have to be purged.
Designed to enable the user to produce high quality, reliable and repeatable welding of stainless steel tube and pipe joints to ensure a very fast weld purge time and a very high quality weld root, free from oxidation and discolouration.
A 36" diameter pipe will purge to below 0.1% oxygen in less than 10 minutes and all smaller pipes correspondingly faster.
Dramatic savings of time, gas and money can be made by using these systems.
Due to the quality of the materials used, the Rapid Purge™ systems can be used over and over again urther reducing manufacturing costs.
As with all of the TAG Pipe Purge Bag System inflatable purging systems, the Rapid Purge™ come with pre-set valves, so are ready to use ‘straight out of the box’.
Rapid Purge™ has been developed specifically to enable high speed purging for any pipe welding application.
TAG Rapid Purge™ System
Features and Advantages
- Typical purge times of less than 10 minutes!!!
- The unique “thru-bore” design of the central sleeve minimises the area to be purged, dramatically reducing the volume of gas required
- Friction free coatings allow easy movement through pipes from one joint to another, even around bends and elbows
- Ready to use, connects to a dedicated and regulated gas supply. Choose any flow rate up to 80l/min. through the twin pre-set purge valve
- A central (glow in the dark) strip allows fast and accurate alignment of the system to the centre-point of the weld area
- The inflatable dams and imbelical hose are covered with a heat resistant material and insulated accordingly for use at temperatures up to 250ºC
How it works
The Rapid Purge™ Inflatable Pipe Purging Systems for pipe and vessel purging comprises a tandem inflatable dam system connected by an umbilical hose and collar to reduce the volume being purged. A gas exhaust valve is installed between the primary and secondary dam, along with an auxiliary argon purge line. Each Rapid Purge™ System is covered with heat protective material, so that the higher temperatures closer to the weld do not damage the system. The robust design of the Rapid Purge™ Inflatable Pipe Weld Purging Systems allows for many years of repeatable trouble free use.
TAG Rapid Purge™ System Options
|PART NO.||DESCRIPTION||PRODUCT SIZES (MM / INCH)||EXPANSION RANGE (MM)||WEIGHT (KG)|
|RP08||Rapid Purge™||200mm / 8"||190—15mm||1.4kg|
|RP10||Rapid Purge™||250mm / 10"||242—267mm||1.7kg|
|RP12||Rapid Purge™||300mm / 12"||291—316mm||2.1kg|
|RP14||Rapid Purge™||350mm / 14"||318—343mm||2.5kg|
|RP16||Rapid Purge™||400mm / 16"||369—394mm||2.7kg|
|RP18||Rapid Purge™||450mm / 18"||420—445mm||3.0kg|
|RP20||Rapid Purge™||500mm / 20"||471—496mm||3.4kg|
|RP22||Rapid Purge™||550mm / 22"||553—577mm||3.6kg|
|RP24||Rapid Purge™||600mm / 24"||572—597mm||3.8kg|
|RP26||Rapid Purge™||650mm / 26"||620—645mm||4.5kg|
|RP28||Rapid Purge™||700mm / 28"||671—696mm||5.5kg|
|RP30||Rapid Purge™||750mm / 30"||722—747mm||6.0kg|
Pipe Purging Equipment
- Why Purge
- Purge Bag System
- Rapid Purge System
- Heat Resistant Purging System
- Double Seal System
- Gas Cylinders
- E-Z Zone Tape
- E-Z Purge
- Water Soluble Paper
- Handy Purge 100 Self Calibrating Weld Purge Monitor
- Handy Purge 100 Plus Weld Purge Monitor
- Handy Purge Pro 5 Weld Purge Monitor
- Pro Purge 1 Weld Purge Monitor
- Fiback Tape
- EZ Wipes
- Trailing Shields
SEND US YOUR PICTURES AND RECEIVE A £50 DISCOUNT OFF
e-mail us some pictures of our equipment in use, and if we use them on the website, or in any of our literature we'll give you a £50 credit against your next order!!!
OUT NOW! THE NEW 'E-Z' FIT RED PIPE CLAMP!
the latest addition to tag ltd's range rapid fit up, pipe welding alignment clamps, is the latest version of the 'e-z' fit red. boasting a range of 1" to 12" in just 3 clamps! the new 'e-z' fit red can be used on stainless steel without any additional accessories, preventing contaimation of the pipe during fit up.